Make an Appointment
Call 310.338.2847 or come in person to the ARC.
Appts available in the ARC in Daum Hall
Questions? Read our Writing FAQ.
Drop In (No Appointment)
Come in person to . . .
The WHH Library
You may also drop in to the ARC & wait for the next available tutor.
Try our new online tutoring!
Online Writing Tutoring Procedures
- Call the ARC receptionist at 310-338-2847 to set an appointment time for a tutor to review your paper. You must specific that the appointment is for ONLINE review of a paper.
- Once the appointment is set, the receptionist will tell you to email the paper as either a Word document or a PDF to ARConlinetutor@lmu.edu no later than 30 minutes prior to the appointment time. In your email tell us what type of feedback you want such as thesis, development, organization, grammar, etc. Send the assignment instructions as well.
- At the time of the appointment, the tutor will read your paper online and provide feedback in the margins. The tutor will NOT correct grammar errors or make any changes to your paper, but will highlight errors and give you feedback on how to correct them.
- At the end of the 30-min appointment*, the tutor will save the document and email it back to you.
- If the tutor didn’t finish commenting on your paper in the 30-min session, he/she will send it back anyway and remind you to make another online appointment if needed.
*Appointments are 30 minutes. If you think your paper will require more than 30 minutes, you can ask the receptionist if there are two back-to-back 30-minute appointments available.
Use our LibGuide!
Our LibGuide has content covering:
- General Writing Concerns and Questions
- Style and Grammar
- Using and Citing Sources
- Writing in the Disciplines