What is the Writing Lab?
To find out more about the lab and its expectations, please read our course syllabus: ENGL 1115 Syllabus
Registering for the University Writing Lab
|If You're Enrolled In:
||CRN For Registration:|
|Any LMU course(s) with many writing assignments||ENGL 1115: University Writing Lab||46913|
- Step 1: Register on PROWL as you would any other class. If you are NOT registered on PROWL , you must do the following:
- Print a General Petition form
- Make an appointment with ARC Writing Programs Coordinator, by contacting the Academic Resource Center (Daum Hall, 2nd floor, 310-338-2847). Bring your form to the appointment.
- After receiving a signature from the ARC, take your General Petition to your Dean's Office.
- After receiving a signature from your Dean's Office, drop off the completed form at the Registrar's Office (VDA 150).
- Step 2: Once you are registered in the class, please call the Academic Resource Center at 310.338-2847 or come in person to the office in Daum Hall to set up your weekly appointment time with a writing tutor for the semester.
- Reviewing your syllabi to determine when your drafts are commonly due; for example, drafts in your philosophy course may always be due on Mondays. We suggest setting your lab appointment one or two days before your regular draft deadlines.
- Looking at your weekly schedule to ensure you are able to arrive on time and stay the entire 30 minute appointment.
Coming Back For More?
- Yes, you can take ENGL 1115 up to 3 times.