|"We can't talk about academic excellence without addressing our Catholic and Jesuit-Marymount identity and mission, because our mission and identity should not be viewed as separate and apart from our drive toward academic excellence. Indeed, excellence is and has been a central feature in our Ignatian heritage." —David W. Burcham, President of Loyola Marymount University|
Whether you are a minister, social worker, catechist or educator in need of professional development or simply looking to quench your own spiritual curiosity, the Center for Religion and Spirituality has something for you. Haga clic aquí para los programas en español. Professional conferences, workshops, evening lectures and other special events are also open to the public.
Each certificate program and related coursework is uniquely tailored to enable participants to update their skills and knowledge, advance their careers, or assist with a desired change in profession or ministry. For some programs, financial assistance is available for those who qualify. You can learn more about each program individually by clicking the links below.
Upcoming Workshops + Events
- Wed, Apr 30. Lecture: "Vedic Poetry and Its Journey Toward Yoga" by Dr. Rati Saxena
- Sat, May 3. Workshop: “Gratitude as a Spiritual Pathway” with Dr. Wilkie Au and Dr. Noreen Cannon Au
- Wed, May 14. Lecture: "Unpublished Manuscript Evidence on the Practice of Many Asanas in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries" by Dr. Jason Birch
- Thu, May 15. Special Event: "The Bhagavad Gita within the Great Narrative" by Prof. Christopher Key Chapple
- Sun, Jun 1. Certificate Graduation Ceremony: Ministry Studies
- Sat, Jun 7. Workshop: "Co-creators with God: Developing a Spirituality of Work" with Douglas Leal
- Sat, Jun 28. Workshop: "Mystical Sobriety: A Retreat Experience" with Dr. James Finley