Travel with LMU to India to Study Yoga Therapy with Master Yoga Teachers
December 9-23, 2017
Travel with Dr. Lori Rubenstein Fazzio and Ms. Shanna Hughes to India in December 2017 to explore and study Yoga therapy with Indian Master Yoga therapy teachers. Every detail has been well thought out for your comfort. We will be staying at luxury 4-5 star hotels with all the western amenities for your safety and comfort. In addition to studying Yoga Therapy this journey includes visits to the French Quarters of Pondicherry in the south, the lush forest of the western Ghats near Lonovala, the Taj Mahal in Agra and Delhi in the north where we will explore the ancient walled city of Old Delhi. Trip highlights include:
- Study Yoga Therapy at the International Center for Yoga Education and Research (ICYER) and the Center for Yoga Therapy Education and Research (CYTER) at the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Center in Pondicherry
- Participate in Puja ceremonies and enjoy a cultural performance in the Rishiculture Gitananda lineage
- Explore Arunachala, the important pilgrimage site and holy mountain where Lord Siva was manifested
- Enjoy the lush scenery of Lonovala where we will study Yoga Therapy at Kaivalyadham, the foremost yoga research center in the world
- Deepen your Yoga Therapy studies as you study with renowned teachers of pranayama, asana, yantra, mantra and yoga philosophy
- View Kaivalyadham's ancient manuscript library
- Daily morning yoga and meditation
- In Lonovala join locals in the devotional practices of aarti to the Goddess Durga as you end the day with gratitude
- Conclude each day with satsang
- Experience the new high speed train from Delhi to Agra and back where we will visit a sanctuary for rehabilitation of elephants and bears and of course, the magnificent Taj Mahal
- Marvel in the sensory experience of a rickshaw tour through the walled city of Old Delhi where we will visit colorful bazaars and markets
- Experience Karma Yoga at the Delhi Gurudwara Bangl Sahib Sikh temple where they feed 10,000 people per day
- Shop for gifts for the holidays for your family, friends and of course for yourself
- Lori Rubenstein Fazzio, D.P.T., C-IAYT, is a Physical Therapist and Lecturer of Yoga Studies at Loyola Marymount University. She currently directs the Yoga Therapy clinical internship program in the LMU Center for Religion and Spirituality.
- Shanna Hughes, M.A., C-IAYT, is a certified Yoga Therapist specializing in therapeutic and clinical applications of Yoga and special-needs Yoga integration.
Trip + Itinerary
A complete outline of the travel itinerary, policies, and registration information can be downloaded in the booklet (pdf) below. Please review all the conditions of the travel before registering.
To get the most out of this journey, the faculty will hold one-hour conference calls covering the "do’s" and "don'ts" for our trip to India, keeping in mind cultural sensitivity. They will answer any questions you may have, and will share with you readings and sources to prepare you for the journey:
- Friday, October 13, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 27, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 10, 4-6 p.m.
Registration is open. Policies, deadlines, deposits and discounts are outlined on the online registration page(s) below. Again, please review all the conditions of the travel before registering.
To register by phone, please call the LMU Center for Religion and Spirituality at 310-338-2799.