|"As a direct hire recruiter, I knew this course would be invaluable because it offered a comprehensive overview of all major areas within human resources management. The classes were interactive, stimulating and offered me a wealth of practical business knowledge. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone looking to further their career. Not only is it a beautiful campus but also a well-known and respected university offering a wide-range of programs.”" —Michelle Garcia, Former Student (Human Resources Management Certificate)|
Choose the Program Matching Your Skill Development Need
Human resources professionals make a difference at the companies in which they work. To grow in this exciting profession takes knowing a large and ever changing body of knowledge. To step into this high demand field and climb the management ladder demands education you can learn in either the Human Resources Management Certificate or the Advanced Human Resources Management Certificate.
Courses are available in both the Spring and Fall semesters. If you would like to be placed on the email list to be notified about human resources course updates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email your name, email address and the program (ie human resources) you would like to hear about.
The Human Resources Management Certificate is an intensive course exploring the major areas within human resources. In a relatively short time, students learn the framework of the field. This is a one course, 12 week program. Is the Human Resources Management Certificate right for you?
The answer is YES if any of the following apply to you:
- You are already working within the field and need a broad understanding of the functions within human resources (this may be necessary to move from a non-exempt to an exempt level of employment).
- You already work in the area of human resources and want to ensure you have good transactional knowledge covering all aspects of the field.
- You hold a degree in another area of study and want to increase your knowledge base.
- You are not yet in the field, but wish to move your career into this exciting field.
- You are interested in learning more about this challenging work area.
- More details about the 12-week Human Resources Management Certificate course.
- A comparison between the "classroom" version and the "live webinar" version.
- Course syllabus including course description, learning outcomes.
- Vital course information such as: textbook, what you can anticipate, what past students say about the course.
- Information about the course instructor.
Those with experience in the field will find courses in the Advanced Human Resources Management Certificate to be of value. Each course in this multi-course program will deepen your knowledge of specialty skills. Is the Advanced Human Resources Management Certificate right for you?
The answer is YES is any of the following apply to you:
- You want to deepen your understanding of specific aspects of the field;
- You want to advance within the field and need to expand your skills.
- You have been performing operational tasks and would like to enhance your policy development skills.
- You know the technical or transactional aspects of human resources procedures and would like expand your thinking to include the role of human resources within the strategy of the business.
- You wish to have a forum to discuss practical aspects of service delivery.
- You already work in the area of human resources and want stay current with the latest best practices.
- You have completed the core Human Resources Management Certificate and would like to continue your education in the field.
- More information about the Advanced Human Resources Management Certificate.
- Specifics about the current course being offered such as the course title, description, objectives.
- Information about the course instructor.
Fall 2017 Enrollment: Information is "under construction." Registration is anticipated to open in late June.
You can enroll online into courses by clicking on the name and day of the course. Many of the courses fill early - so do not delay enrolling.
Human Resources Management Certificate, Classroom Version
- Human Resources Management Certificate - Classroom version, Wednesdays, 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm, starting 9/6/17 to 11/27/17 (no class 11/22), Course meets for 12 class sessions. Tuition is $670.
- Human Resources Management Certificate - Classroom version, Thursdays, 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm, starting 9/21/17 to 12/4/17 (no class 11/23), Course meets for 12 class sessions. Tuition is $670.
Human Resources Management Certificate, Online Version
- Human Resources Management Certificate – Online version, Mondays, 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm, starting 10/2/17 to 12/18/17. Course meets for 12 live webinar class sessions. Tuition is $940.
Advanced Human Resource Management Certificate Course for Fall 2017
Employee Benefits, WebEx version only –
- Online, Thursdays, 6 to 8 pm, starting 10/5/17 to 12/14/17 (no class 11/23). Course meets for 10 live webinar class sessions. Tuition is $450. (This course is part of the Advanced Human Resources Management Certificate.)
When enrolllment opens, you can enroll online into courses by clicking on the name and day of the course. Many of the courses fill early - so do not delay enrolling.
Experiencing a technology problem when enrolling?
Please verify you are using one of the following browsers:
- Chrome version 22 or higher
- Firefox version 23 or higher
- Internet Explorer version 11 or higher
- Safari 9
Here is what is happening – the security regulations surrounding credit cards have been tightened to increase consumer protection. As a result, the information system processing your enrollment has been changed to only accept newer browsers. In addition, the new security standards have difficulty interfacing with older computer operating systems (such as Windows XP).
Do you want to receive emails about this course?
If you want to be emailed when course updates are announced, please send your name, email address and a short note saying you want information about the HRM courses to email@example.com
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 310-338-2812.