NCSF Certified Strength Coach
The NCSF Certified Strength Coach (CSC) program will prepare you to sit for the NCSF-CSC exam and to become employed as a strength coach. This educational program will cover all relevant content areas including performance assessment and evaluation, biomechanics, sport metabolism, nutrition and ergogenic aids, training techniques for athletic performance, and injury prevention. You will be able to develop exercise programs for a variety of specific sports and will acquire a deeper understanding of the role that various training techniques and energy systems play in the proper training of an athlete.
Details + Objective
You Will Learn
- Learn how to manage performance assessments for elite athletes and lead their program development
- Discover the science behind sports nutrition and ergogenic aids for sports performance
- Learn the foundations and techniques of olympic weightlifting as well as training methods for endurance sports
- Discover the theories and concepts for speed, agility, and quickness training
- Examine considerations for programming for training, sports performance, and rehabilitation
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 70 course hours
How you will benefit
- Discover the secrets to achieving and maintaining elite athletic performance
- Acquire the knowledge you need to pass the NCSF-Certified Strength Coach (CSC) exam and be on your way to a fun, lucrative, and satisfying career
- Learn how to develop custom exercise programs for a variety of specific sports
- Understand how to best avoid injuries and learn the latest science and methods behind rehabilitation training
Registration + Fees
Begins: Open enrollment | Registration will open soon
Tuition: $795 | Prospective students of this program may be eligible for full or partial federal tuition assistance under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Learn the basics of strength and endurance training. You will learn how to perform a sport analysis in order to develop a fully customized program for any type of athlete. You will also discover how to develop performance assessments and evaluations for elite athletes.
- Learn the science behind sport biomechanics. You will discover the variety of training needs for different sports based on specific movements of the body. You will also learn how to integrate corrective exercise into a training program in order to help athletes prevent injury and maintain performance standards.
- Discover everything you need to know about sport metabolism in order to understand what the athletes you train really need. You will examine nutritional needs and ergogenic aids as means of enhancing athletic performance.
- Focus on performance preparation and learn how to plan for the needs of those you train. You will learn foundations and techniques for Olympic weightlifting and consider the theories behind speed, agility, and quickness training.
- Examine a variety of considerations for training programming. You will learn how to develop programming suited for optimum performance in any sport. You will also consider periodization methods for athletic training.
- Learn the best methods to ensure those you train avoid injury. You will consider the needs of a variety of athletes in preventing injuries and also learn the latest techniques involved in rehabilitation training. You will discover how to quickly and safely return athletes to competition.
The NCSF-CSC course itself is available to all candidates interested in furthering their education in the field of strength and conditioning. In order to take the NCSF-CSC credentialing exam, candidates must meet on of the following eligibility requirements:
Hold a current NCSF-CPT certification, or
- A current NCCA-accredited fitness professional certification, or
- A college degree (Associate’s or higher), or
- REPs Level 3 or higher credential (individuals outside the US and Canada), or
- Must be 18 years or older
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems, IE 10 and later, FireFox, Chrome and Safari browsers and can be taken from either a Mac or a PC.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
You will receive the following text:
- Advanced Concepts of Strength & Conditioning