Paid parking is enforced Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Therefore if you only come to class on Saturdays, or Sundays, or weeknights after 8:00 p.m., there is no fee. For many LMU Extension students, paying for parking for each visit will be more cost effective than registering your car and purchasing a permit for a full semester, though permits are available (scroll to bottom of page). Car pool is also a good alternative.
Please note that the information below is a condensed version of the campus parking policies and procedures as outlined on the "Parking and Transportation" Web site. For complete and up-to-date information, please visit this site.
The hourly visitor rate is:
- First 20 minutes: Free (requires registration)
- Every Additional 20 Minutes: $2
- Daily Maximum: $10
An example of the fee which can be anticipated is if you park your car from 7:00 p.m. through 10:00 p.m., the first 20 minutes is free (and no fees after 8:00 p.m.) This leaves 40 minutes of parking fee to be paid, or a $4.00 fee. Visitors are expected to register their vehicles either pre-arrival using LMUPark, or post-arrival via the pay station, or Parkmobile (smart phone required). Per minute and daily rates apply to all vehicles. Non-registered vehicles will be issued citations and subject to the LMU towing policy.
A visitor (or any non-permit assigned vehicle) may park in the following campus lots:
- Lot A (Hannon)
- Lot H (Del Rey)
- Lot I (Xavier Hall)
- Lot L (Drollinger)
- Lot M (Communication Arts Building, restricted to vehicles with valid ADA placard)
- P2/P3 of University Hall
This is similar to using a traditional parking meter, however, you will need your license plate information prior to paying. A few notes on the pay stations:
- Recommended for non-frequent visitors
- Those wishing to pay on arrival rather than beforehand
- Those who want flexible payment options including paying by cash
- Employees and students may also utilize these pay stations if they do not have a valid annual or semester permit
- Allows payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover or cash
- Allows extend-by-phone options if paying by credit card (requires a valid cell phone number; add time carefully, overpayments will not be refunded)
When using a pay station:
- Locate pay station
- Press keypad to start
- Follow prompts
- Make payment
- Take receipt (display not required)
Refunds will not be available. Please enter your license plate information carefully. Typos and errors are the responsibility of the registrant. The new system will issue a virtual permit based on your license plate number. Verification of valid permits will be done using an automated License Plate Recognition system (LPR) which will scan license plate numbers of parked cars. Vehicles in violation are subject to citation. Four or more citations will result in the impounding of the vehicle at the owner's expense.
Extension Student Permit Parking
LMU Extension students may purchase semester or year-long permits as commuter students. This option is if you would like to pre-pay for parking online and have parking taken care of for a large block of time. Permit fees vary and are outlined on the campus parking Web site here.