Most scholarship foundations require candidates to enter their competitions via their colleges or alma maters, which in turn sponsor the applicants. Our office provides assistance to U.S. students—from first-years to seniors—and recent alumni who want to pursue their academic goals beyond LMU through a competitive national fellowship. Through this office, currently enrolled and recent graduates can learn about the many fellowships that are available through governments, private donors, foundations, civic organizations, and corporations. We also offer strategic planning, advice, and support for completing a competitive application.
To get an overview of various fellowship opportunities, click on the "Scholarship Listings" tab above to view fellowships by your class year. In the next few months, we will be adding a fellowships database that will allow you to search for fellowships not only by your class year, but also by your disciplinary interests and fellowship type.
Students interested in applying for fellowships are encouraged to make an appointment with Dr. Stella Setka, Director of the Office of National & International Fellowships, by emailing her at email@example.com or by calling 310.338.3792.
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources at this time to assist international students.
The Office of National & International Fellowships offers you:
Strategies for freshmen and sophomores who want to make the most of their undergraduate years at LMU. We can help you:
- Compete for national fellowships in your major or special interest
- Search for and win placements in programs that build your resume while expanding your horizon
Workshops for juniors and seniors intending to apply to graduate school. We can help you:
- Identify graduate programs best suited to your interests in the US and abroad
- Write a cogent personal statement that honestly highlights your story
- Assemble a file of convincing letters of reference
- Compete for prestigious national and international fellowships
- Discover the range of options for LMU alumni, graduate, and undergraduate students
- Highlight candidate strengths effectively in your letter
- Navigate on-line reference systems
- Connect your professional, research, or creative interests to LMU's high-achieving students
Download the Fellowships Chart for a quick preview of the opportunities available to you.