Sponsored by the Council of Mexican Federations, the Mexican American Dream Scholarship provides scholarships to students to help them pursue higher education.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be considered for a Mexican American Dream Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be an AB-540 student or member of a COFEM affiliated federation or club (see COFEM website for list)
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a 4 year university or a 2 year program at a community college
- Must reside or attend school within Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Inland Empire, or Ventura County
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Demonstrate involvement in the community or work experience
- Be willing to give 25-50 volunteer hours to COFEM
- Be available to attend the the Annual Scholarship Reception (usually in mid-November)
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
The application requires:
- A complete Mexican American Dream Scholarship Application form
- A copy of the most recent unofficial transcript
- A two-page personal statement
- A resume
- A copy of current class registration
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Only if a member of COFEM’s affiliated federations or organizations: 1 additional letter of recommendation
Applications are due in late September. Applicants will be notified in early November.
Stella Setka, Ph.D.
Fellowships Coordinator, National and International Scholarship Office
University Hall 1848