Fulbright Study/Research Awards
The study/research awards funds independent study, research, or arts projects in approximately 140 countries.
Applicants for these awards design their own projects and will typically work with advisers at foreign universities or other institutes of higher education. Program requirements vary by country, so the applicant’s first step is to familiarize themselves with the program summary for the host country. You can apply as a graduating senior, graduate student, or as an alumnus/alumna. If you want to learn more about the postgraduate opportunities that the Fulbright program offers, you can learn more about the Fulbright by viewing the program first two tutorials (http://us.fulbrightonline.org/tutorials).
Creative and performing arts applicants are required to submit supplementary materials based on their disciplines. Here are the application components for all grant types. Click here learn more about the sub-categories of study/research grants highlighting special opportunities that are available in select countries.
This page contains a number of resources that will help you as you begin drafting your application. Once you have consulted with ONIF, it is advisable for you to carefully review each of the attachments and links below:
- Study/Research Grant Checklist
- Approaching the Fulbright Essays: Study/Research
- The Fool-Proof Fulbright Research Proposal Template
- How to Secure a Letter of Affiliation
- How to Request Letters of Recommendation
- Fulbright Study/Research Grant Reference Instructions
- Sample Draft Letter from a Potential Affiliate
- Guidelines for Writing Personal Statements
- Study/Research Statement of Grant Purpose Workshop (April 2016)
- Fulbright Personal Statement Workshop (March 2016)
Click here to access official Fulbright webinars.
For more information on how to create your Personal Statement: Personal Statement Overview PDF
For more information on how to create your Statement of Grant Purpose Statement: Study Research Statement of Grant Purpose Overview
For Sample Study Research Statements: