The mission of the Office for Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) is to
- enhance the environment for research and creative activities at LMU;
- encourage and facilitate external funding for faculty and staff projects; and
- support the University's pursuit of academic excellence.
Our primary purpose is to assist faculty and staff in obtaining funding from sources external to the University -- including government agencies, foundations, corporations and other non-profit associations -- that advances their creative, scholarly and research activities. The ORSP staff provides expertise in negotiating collaborations and contracts with other institutions or organizations, navigating the application development and submission process, and assisting with funding opportunity searches, that are necessary to support faculty/staff interests.
The Office assists LMU faculty and staff to capitalize on external funding opportunities in support of research, professional and creative activities, including but not limited to:
- basic and applied research;
- student-centered programs;
- creative work;
- humanistic inquiries;
- postdoctoral fellowships;
- curriculum development;
- community outreach;
- international exchange;
- sabbatical support; and
- faculty-guided student research.
For more information, please call 310.338.4599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.