Registration and Drop/Add During the Term
First Week of a Term
During this time, a student may:
- Register for the first time
- Add a course, drop a course without a W, or both through PROWL prior to the deadline of 11:59 pm on the last day of registration week. (In reference to a semester course(s), withdraw and drop are used interchangeably prior to the drop deadline.
- Take a Leave of Absence from the University - first-time students should contact the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission offices (please do not use the form).
- Withdraw from the University - first-time students should contact the Admission office (please do not use the form).
Full-time Consideration: Students should be enrolled on a full-time basis if financial considerations (Financial Aid, outside scholarships, VA benefits, Visa Status, etc.) or other matters (athletic participation, campus clubs and services, etc.) require full-time status.
The Wait List in PROWL: this is disabled at 11:59 pm on the last day of the first week, and no further registrations from the Wait List are possible.
Officially Enrolled Classes: Students may only attend classes in which they are officially enrolled as of the last day of registration week, and are not permitted to otherwise "sit in" or "unofficially" attend a class. Instructors are not able to add a student to a class - whether prior to or after the last day of registration week.
Second Week of a Term through Last Day to Withdraw
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw (below) and as printed in the calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
Full-time or Part-time Status: Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition which does not enable a refund by course. For part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule tied to dates in the term.
General questions concerning registration procedures should be addressed to Registrar@lmu.edu.
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
Aug 28 M Classes begin Sep 1 F Last day to file an application for a December degree
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last day to drop a class(es) or withdraw from LMU for 100% tuition refund
Sep 4 M Labor Day - No Classes Sep 7 R Last day to drop course(s) for 90% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 90% refund
Sep 14 R Last day to drop course(s) for 70% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 70% refund
Sep 15 F Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for Spring/Summer grades of Incomplete Sep 22 F Last day to drop course(s) for 50% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 50% refund
Sep 29 F Last day for instructors to submit Spring/Summer grades for undergraduates with Incompletes Oct 12 R Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades Oct 13 F Autumn Day - No Classes Oct 20 F Last day to drop course(s) for 25% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 25% refund
No tuition refund after this date
Nov 3 F Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading Nov 10 F Spring 2018 priority registration begins Nov 13 M Spring 2018 registration begins Nov 22-24 W-F Thanksgiving Holidays - No Classes Dec 4 M Summer 2018 registration begins Dec 8 F Last day of Classes Dec 9-10 S-U Reading Days Dec 11-15 M-F Final Examinations Dec 20 W Last day for instructors to submit final grades
* Students who have paid tuition by the semester hour are eligible for tuition only refunds per semester hour, based on the published sliding scale. Full refunds for all other students are contingent upon withdrawal from all classes or from the University. See Student Accounts, Refund Percentage Periods.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.