What a student must do:
Want a refresher on the graduation process at LMU?
- A student who intends to graduate in a term must submit an application for degree by the specified deadline.
- Every graduating student must submit an application - even after the stated deadlines. Missing deadlines may render the student ineligible for certain graduation honors, BUT failure to apply renders a student ineligible for degree for that term.
- A student whose degree application was canceled MUST submit a new application for a subsequent term in which ALL degree requirements have been met. The University will not refile an application for you.
- A student is responsible for ensuring that the CAPP report shows all degree requirements as being met; addressing and completing outstanding degree requirements is the sole responsibility of the student. You will not graduate until your CAPP shows all requirements as met.
- A student is held responsible for and complying with the University's degree requirements as stated in the Bulletin. Failure to read and understand these regulations will not excuse a student from their observance.
- Undergraduate degree requirements
- Second baccalaureate degree requirements
- Graduate degree requirements
Please be aware of the following:
- Students who have declared a second major and/or minor(s) must complete these at the same time as the primary major of the degree. An unfinished second major and/or minor(s) will cause the primary degree application to be cancelled.
- Students who are earning two degrees must complete an application for each degree.
- A graduating student must have final grades assigned in all courses PRIOR to the degree-granting date. An Incomplete grade renders the student ineligible for graduation and automatically cancels the application. The student must reapply for the term in which the Incomplete grade is converted to a final grade.
Note: Students submitting Applications on or after April 15, 2014, will NOT have their names included in the Commencement Program.