Second Week of the Term through Last Day to Withdraw (Withdrawal Period)
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw (below) and as printed in the Academic Calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition which does not enable a refund by course.
- Please note that for part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule through the last day to withdraw.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
General questions concerning registration procedures should be addressed to the Registrar@lmu.edu.
|Aug 22||R||Transfer Convocation & Orientation|
|Aug 23-25||FSU||Freshmen Orientation & Academic Convocation|
|Aug 26||M||Classes begin|
|Aug 30||F||Last day to file an application for a December degree
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last day for 100% eligible tuition refund*
|Sep 2||M||No Classes - Labor Day - administrative offices closed
|Sep 5||R||Last day for 90% eligible tuition refund*|
|Sep 12||R||Last day for 70% eligible tuition refund*|
|Sep 13||F||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for Spring/Summer grades of Incomplete|
|Sep 20||F||Last day for 50% eligible tuition refund*|
|Sep 27||F||Last day for instructors to submit Spring/Summer grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Oct 10||R||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Oct 11||F||No Classes- Autumn Day - administrative offices open|
|Oct 18||F||Last day for 25% eligible tuition refund* (0% tuition refund after this date)|
|Nov 1||F||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading|
|Nov 8||F||Spring registration begins|
|Nov 27||W||No Classes – Thanksgiving - administrative offices open|
|Nov 28-9||RF||No Classes – Thanksgiving - administrative offices closed|
|Dec 6||F||Last day of Classes|
|Dec 7-8||SU||Reading Days|
|Dec 9-13||M-F||Final Examinations|
|Dec 18||W||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|
* Students who have paid tuition by the semester hour are eligible for tuition only refunds per semester hour, based on the published sliding scale. Full refunds for all other students are contingent upon withdrawal from all classes or from the University. See Student Accounts, Refund Percentage Periods.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.