Second Week of the Term through Last Day to Withdraw (Withdrawal Period)
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw (below) and as printed in the Academic Calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition which does not enable a refund by course.
- Please note that for part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule in the term..
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
General questions concerning registration procedures should be addressed to Registrar@lmu.edu.
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Jan 6||M||Eligible undergraduate students may register for 18 units or more|
|Jan 10||F||Spring 2014 New Student Orientation|
|Jan 13||M||Classes begin|
|Jan 17||F||Last day to file an application for May degree
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last day to drop a class(es) or withdraw from LMU for 100% tuition refund
|Jan 20||M||No Classes - Martin Luther King, Jr., Day|
|Jan 23||R||Last day to drop course(s) for 90% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 90% refund
|Jan 30||R||Last day to drop course(s) for 70% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 70% refund
|Jan 31||F||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for Fall grades of Incomplete|
|Feb 10||M||Last day to drop course(s) for 50% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 50% refund
|Feb 14||F||Last day for instructors to submit Fall grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Feb 28||F||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Mar 3-7||M-F||No Classes - Spring Break|
|Mar 11||T||Last day to drop course(s) for 25% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 25% refund
No tuition refund after this date
|Mar 21||F||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading|
|Mar 31||M||No Classes - Cesar Chavez Day|
|Apr 4||F||Fall registration begins|
|Apr 15||T||Deadline for Dissertation Defense|
|Apr 16-18||W-F||No Classes – Easter|
|May 2||F||Last day of Classes|
|May 3-4||S-U||Reading Days|
|May 5-9||M-F||Final Examinations|
|May 10-11||S-U||Commencement Weekend|
|May 14||W||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|
* Students who have paid tuition by the semester hour are eligible for tuition only refunds per semester hour, based on the published sliding scale. Full refunds for all other students are contingent upon withdrawal from all classes or from the University. See Student Accounts, Refund Percentage Periods.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.