First Week of the 2016 Term: January 11, Monday, through January 15, Friday, at 11:59 pm.
During this time, a student may:
- Register for the first time
- Add a course, drop a course without a W, or both through PROWL prior to the deadline of 11:59 pm on Friday, January 15. In reference to a semester course(s), withdraw and drop are used interchangeably prior to the drop deadline.
- Take a Leave of Absence from the University - first-time students should contact the Admission office (please do not use this form).
- Withdraw from the University - first-time students should contact the Admission office (please do not use this form).
Students should be enrolled on a full-time basis if financial considerations (Financial Aid, outside scholarships, VA benefits, Visa Status, etc.) or other matters (athletic participation, campus clubs and services, etc.) require full-time status.
The Wait List in PROWL is disabled on Friday, January 15, and no further registrations are possible. Students may only attend classes in which they are officially enrolled as of January 15, and are not permitted to otherwise "sit in" or "unofficially" attend a class. Instructors do not have the ability to add a student to a class.
Second Week of the Term through Last Day to Withdraw (Withdrawal Period)
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw, March 18, and as printed in the University Bulletin. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition which does not enable a refund by course. For part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule in the term (see below).
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
General questions concerning registration procedures should be addressed to Registrar@lmu.edu.
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Jan 11||M||Classes begin|
|Jan 15||F||Last day to file an application for May degree
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last day to drop a class(es) or withdraw from LMU for 100% tuition refund
|Jan 18||M||No Classes - Martin Luther King, Jr., Day|
|Jan 21||R||Last day to drop course(s) for 90% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 90% refund
|Jan 28||R||Last day to drop course(s) for 70% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 70% refund
|Jan 29||F||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for Fall grades of Incomplete|
|Feb 5||F||Last day to drop course(s) for 50% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 50% refund
|Feb 12||F||Last day for instructors to submit Fall grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Feb 26||F||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Feb 29-Mar 4||M-F||No classes - Spring Break|
|Mar 8||T||Last day to drop course(s) for 25% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 25% refund
No tuition refund after this date
|Mar 18||F||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading|
|Mar 23-25||W-F||No Classes – Easter Break|
|Mar 31||R||No Classes - Cesar Chavez Day|
|Apr 8||F||Priority Registration for Fall 2016 begins|
|Apr 11||M||Registration for Fall 2016 begins|
|Apr 29||F||Last day of Classes|
|Apr 30 - May 1||S-U||Reading Days|
|May 2-6||M-F||Final Examinations|
|May 7-8||S-U||Commencement Weekend|
|May 11||W||Last day for instructors to submit final grades
* Students who have paid tuition by the semester hour are eligible for tuition only refunds per semester hour, based on the published sliding scale. Full refunds for all other students are contingent upon withdrawal from all classes or from the University. See Student Accounts, Refund Percentage Periods.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.