First Week of the Term: January 9, Monday, through January 13, Friday, at 11:59 pm.
During this time, a student may:
- Register for the first time
- Add a course, drop a course without a W, or both through PROWL prior to the deadline of 11:59 pm on Friday, January 13. In reference to a semester course(s), withdraw and drop are used interchangeably prior to the drop deadline.
- Take a Leave of Absence from the University for continuing students - first-time students should contact the Admission office (please do not use this form).
- Withdraw from the University for continuing students - first-time students should contact the Admission office (please do not use this form).
Students should be enrolled on a full-time basis if financial considerations (Financial Aid, outside scholarships, VA benefits, Visa Status, etc.) or other matters (athletic participation, campus clubs and services, etc.) require full-time status.
The Wait List in PROWL is disabled on Friday, January 13, and no further registrations are possible. Students may only attend classes in which they are officially enrolled as of January 13, and are not permitted to otherwise "sit in" or "unofficially" attend a class. Instructors do not have the ability to add a student to a class.
Second Week of the Term through Last Day to Withdraw (Withdrawal Period)
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw, March 17, and as printed in the University Bulletin. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition which does not enable a refund by course. For part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule in the term (see below).
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, the student will receive a grade a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
General questions concerning registration procedures should be addressed to Registrar@lmu.edu.
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Jan 9||M||Classes begin|
|Jan 13||F||Last day to file an application for May 2017 degree to be eligible for awards/honors
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last day to drop a class(es) or withdraw from LMU for 100% tuition refund
|Jan 16||M||No Classes - Martin Luther King, Jr., Day|
|Jan 20||F||Last day to drop course(s) for 90% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 90% refund
|Jan 27||F||Last day to drop course(s) for 70% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 70% refund
|Jan 27||F||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for Fall grades of Incomplete|
|Feb 3||F||Last day to drop course(s) for 50% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 50% refund
|Feb 10||F||Last day for instructors to submit Fall grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Feb 24||F||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Mar 6-10||M-F||No classes - Spring Break|
|Mar 10||F||Last day to drop course(s) for 25% course refund for eligible students*
Last day to withdraw from LMU for 25% refund
No tuition refund after this date
|Mar 17||F||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading|
|Mar 31||F||No Classes - Cesar Chavez Day|
|Apr 7||F||Priority Registration for Fall 2017 begins|
|Apr 10||M||Registration for Fall 2017 begins|
|Apr 12-14||W-F||No Classes – Easter Break|
|Apr 28||F||Last day of Classes|
|Apr 29-30||S-U||Reading Days|
|May 1-5||M-F||Final Examinations|
|May 6-7||S-U||Commencement Weekend|
|May 10||W||Last day for instructors to submit Spring 2017 final grades|
* Students who have paid tuition by the semester hour are eligible for tuition only refunds per semester hour, based on the published sliding scale. Full refunds for all other students are contingent upon withdrawal from all classes or from the University. See Student Accounts, Refund Percentage Periods.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.