Commencement Mass - Friday, May 8, 2015
Gersten Pavilion - 7:30 PM
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony - Saturday, May 9, 2015
Sunken Garden - 9:30 AM-12:30 PM (concluding time approximate)
Graduate Commencement Ceremony - Sunday, May 10, 2015
Sunken Garden - 10:00 AM-11:30 AM (concluding time approximate)
Participation in either the undergraduate or graduate ceremony does not mean that a degree will be awarded.
LMU honors its graduating classes at the Commencement Ceremonies during one weekend in May:
- The ceremony for Bachelor’s candidates is held on the Saturday at the end of final examination week.
- The ceremony for the Master’s and Doctoral candidates is on the Sunday at the end of final examination week.
Commencement is open to the public, and tickets are not required. There is no guest limit.
The University grants degrees three times per year--August 31, December 31, and at the end of the Spring term. Students are eligible to walk in the May 2015 Commencement ceremony if they:
- were awarded a degree in August or December 2014
- are Bachelor's or Master's candidates with intent to graduate in May 2015
- are Bachelor's candidates with no more than 30 semester hours remaining who can complete all degree requirements by the August or December 2015 semester without a unit overload in either summer session and/or the December term
- are Master's candidates with no more than 6 semester hours to complete by August or December 2015
- are Doctoral candidates with approval from the Doctoral Program
Graduating Seniors should also refer to the Senior Guide for information regarding portraits, special events, careers, etc.
Prior to Commencement weekend, the following events are also held to honor graduating students. Specific information will be posted as it becomes available: