The primary goal of the Office of Assessment at Loyola Marymount University is to provide leadership and support in the University’s efforts to create a culture of evidence, learning centeredness, and continuous improvement. To fulfill this goal the Office has several purposes, including:
- Designing and implementing institution-level assessment projects, including collaborating with the Core Curriculum Committee to develop and implement an assessment plan for the core curriculum.
- Providing leadership in developing an institutional framework for assessing student learning and promoting a learning-centered environment.
- Providing consulting support to departments and programs in their assessment efforts, including collaborating with APRC to facilitate the program review process.
- Providing workshops and other training opportunities with the goal of enhancing institutional capacity to engage in assessment.
- Facilitating conversations about assessment results and using them to improve student learning.
- Serving as a clearinghouse for assessment projects across campus to ensure better coordination and integration of those projects and reducing duplication of effort.
Our office provides consulting support to schools, departments, and programs on campus in the development and implementation of learning outcomes assessment plans.