The 2014 Study Abroad Photo Contest is now Closed!
Thank you to all who entered.
Congratulations Jasmine Pringle! Her photo, One Day (left), won overall favorite.
What is the LMU Study Abroad Photo Contest?
You've studied abroad and we want to see your pictures!
LMU Study Abroad Office holds an annual photo contest for students who have studied abroad the year before. Share your experiences with students, staff and faculty and help us further the cause of international education.
Click on the links below to see all the submissions we received for this year's photo contest. Our five contest categories this year were the following:
- Lions Abroad: Submit your best group shot featuring your LMU pride! Show off that club, organization, or university-affiliated gear abroad. 2014 Winner: "Cliffs of Moher" by Bo-Ve Dong.
- Cross-Cultural Experiences: We want to see your interactions with the host culture during, but not limited to, cultural events, festivals, or at significant places of interest. 2014 Winner: "Tea Ceremony" by Shane King.
- A Day in the Life: Submit your pictures showing what it was like to be a student in a foreign country! This can be in either a classroom setting or a time you gallivanted through your host city. 2014 Winner: "Cliff Jumping" by David Strebel.
- The Apple of my Eye: Did you capture any breath taking views? Share them with us! We're looking for landscapes, panoramic views, architecture, and monuments. 2014 Winner: "Paris je t'aime" by Kelly Chronis.
- The Art of the Selfie: We know the only thing more difficult than getting that creative, cultural, and charming shot that totally encapsulates a place or experience is having to do it yourself! Show us that you’ve mastered the subtle “art of the selfie” while abroad. 2014 Winner: "Toothless in the City of Lights" by Todd Trexton.
Students may submit up to TWO photographs per category in any or all of the five contest categories. Entries must be submitted via our online submission form and must adhere to our contest rules and regulations. Gifts will be awarded to the winner of each category and to our Grand Prize winner.
For more details, please review our contest rules and regulations.
LMU Study Abroad Photo Contest 2013 Winner
Kailey Strachan's photos were selected as the winners in all four categories. Congratulations Kailey!
Want to see more?
Click on the links below to see all the submissions we received for last year's photo contest.