Study Abroad Photo Contest
The time has come to show off those awesome photos you took while studying abroad! Each year we hold a Study Abroad photo contest and ask our participants to share their best snaps for a chance to win a gift certificate to a local business (and the awe of your friends and classmates).
We know that everyone takes a selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower or does their darndest to hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but we want to see the photos that everyone DOESN'T take! So show us what "A Day in the Life" was like for you while abroad, or what "Cross-Cultural Experience" you had. And hey, we'll even acknowledge that a great selfie can be an art form all unto itself!
Submissions are accepted every Spring semester, and official rules and guidelines can be found here. Check out last year's photo winners below for inspiration.
We can't wait to see your photos!
2016 Grand Prize Winner
Congratulations, Katie North! She is the 2016 Grand Prize winner for her photo "Accompaniment" taken in the Casa de la Solidaridad program in San Salvidor, El Salvidor.
2016 Runner Up Prizes went to:
- Allyson Bernardy: Love is the Answer
- Kaila Patrick: Lions Love Gaudi
- Taylor Masuda: Hiking in Heaven
- Alexandria Cheng: Night Crawling Through London
View all runner up photos on our Google+ page!
2015 Grand Prize Winner
Congratulations Conner Gordon! He is the 2015 Grand Prize Winner.
Click on the links below to see all the submissions we received for the 2015 Study Abroad photo contest. Our five contest categories this year were the following:
- Lions Abroad: 2015 Winner: " All you need is Love" by Daniela Ramirez.
- Cross-Cultural Experiences: 2015 Winner: "Taking in the history " by Meghan VonBehren.
- A Day in the Life: 2015 Winner: " Candid Candace" by Candace Williams.
- The Apple of my Eye: 2015 Winner: "Houses" by Erin Cusick
- The Art of the Selfie: 2015 Winner: " When in Rome, Do as the Romans Don't" by Juliana Joseph.
2014 Study Abroad Photo Contest
Congratulations Jasmine Pringle! Her photo, One Day (above), won overall favorite.
Click on the links below to see all the submissions we received for the 2014 Study Abroad photo contest. Our five contest categories this year were the following:
- Lions Abroad: 2014 Winner: "Cliffs of Moher" by Bo-Ve Dong.
- Cross-Cultural Experiences: 2014 Winner: "Tea Ceremony" by Shane King.
- A Day in the Life: 2014 Winner: "Cliff Jumping" by David Strebel.
- The Apple of my Eye: 2014 Winner: "Paris je t'aime" by Kelly Chronis.
- The Art of the Selfie: 2014 Winner: "Toothless in the City of Lights" by Todd Trexton.