STUDY ABROAD PHOTO CONTEST 2017
LMU Study Abroad Photography Contest 2017 Rules
1. Entrants submitting photographs for the contest must be a Loyola Marymount student, alum or visiting student who participated in a Study Abroad program in 2016. This includes Spring, Summer and Fall semesters of 2016.
2. Entries must be the original work of the student taken while studying abroad.
3. Entries must be submitted using the online entry form on the Study Abroad website by January 18 at 11:59 PM.
4. Categories of entry include: 1) Lions Abroad 2) Cross-Cultural Experiences 3) A Day in the Life 4) The Apple of my Eye 5) The Art of the Selfie 6) NEW: Video submission.
5. Each entry should contain the following information: a) Title of photograph b) Name of photographer (first and last) c) Date and location of photograph d) A short (1-3 sentences) description of the photograph e) Photo contest category f) Study Abroad program attended g) Entrant’s contact information (telephone number, e-mail address)
6. Students may submit two photographs in any or all of the five contest categories. Only two entries per category will be allowed (and only one entry in the video category).
7. The top four or five entries in each category will be voted on by the LMU community.
8. One Grand Prize winner will be selected. The Grand Prize winner will receive a prize of greater value than the prizes awarded to the runners up.
9. Prizes: Winners will receive gift cards to businesses to be determined.
10. Entries will be judged by the Study Abroad Staff and the LMU community. Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity and originality, and the quality of the image. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
11. Winners and runners-up will be announced on the Study Abroad website and Facebook page the week after voting occurs. Contest winners and runners-up will be notified by e-mail.
12. Photos will be displayed on the Study Abroad website, the LMU Study Abroad Facebook fan page and in the Study Abroad office. Select photos will be used in future LMU Study Abroad promotional materials, possibly including LMU Magazine.
13. Winning photos will be displayed during an informal ceremony held in or around the Study Abroad Office or at another location on campus.
14. Entries may not contain the following: alcohol, drugs, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
15. By signing and submitting the entry form, entrants are agreeing to grant the LMU study abroad program the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish the photographs in displays related to the contest; in LMU study abroad printed and electronic publications and in conjunction with any copyrighted matter, in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, news, informational and educational purposes and to copyright the same, under its original name or otherwise. The student thereby releases and discharges the University from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy.
16. Deadline for entries: Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 11:59 PM
Submit your entries to the link provided to you via email from the Study Abroad Office. Good luck!