General Student Information
- There is no rehearsal for Commencement.
- Alcohol is not permitted in either the line-up areas or in Sunken Garden.
- Only degree candidates will be allowed in the line-up areas. Parents and guests may not assemble with degree candidates but, rather, should proceed directly to the seating area in Sunken Garden.
- Commencement staff will direct students to line up for the procession. Graduating students within a college or school who wish to sit together should stand single file behind each other.
- Students should assemble dressed in academic attire and with their name cards in hand to prepare for the procession of candidates to Sunken Garden.
Report to Gersten Pavilion by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2018. Students should look for the persons holding the banners of their college or school and line up single file behind those signs. The procession to Sunken Garden will begin at 9:00 a.m. Students must stay in single file behind their college or school sign.
Master’s & Doctoral Candidates
Report to the locations designated below by 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 6, 2018 (refer to Campus Map and Abbreviations if necessary). The procession to Sunken Garden will begin at 9:30 a.m. Doctoral candidates should carry their unbuttoned hood over their right arm while walking.
- Dunning Courtyard (Burns Fine Art Center - BUR) - Colleges of Liberal Arts, Communication & Fine Arts, and Science & Engineering, and the School of Film & TV
- Hilton (HIL) - College of Business Administration
- Doheny Quad (DOH) - School of Education
Participants with Special Needs
Those who have a special need that prevents them from using steps or walking the distance between their line-up area and Sunken Garden should notify Tanya Salvini, Commencement Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar (email@example.com, 310/338-1945), by Friday, April 13, 2018, to make alternate arrangements.