Seating and parking are not guaranteed, and heavy traffic is anticipated in and around the University. Be patient and plan for delays.
The Lincoln Boulevard entrance onto LMU Drive is the most accessible and convenient entrance to use; however, the Loyola Boulevard entrance will also be open.
Click here for directions to campus.
General Parking Information
- On-campus parking fills quickly, so allow enough travel time to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m.
- The campus will be closed to all incoming traffic at 8:45 a.m. or once the campus has reached full parking capacity—whichever comes first. If you have guests arriving on campus close to or after 8:45 a.m., they should head directly to the off-campus parking site and not attempt to park at LMU. Regular campus traffic patterns will resume at approximately 1:00pm or after most Commencement traffic has departed.
- Reference information about Off-Site Parking Directions.
- Reference information about Uber/Lyft Drop-Off and Pick-Up.
- Limited special needs parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Persons with disabilities and requiring special accommodations should arrive by 8:15 a.m.
- Handicapped placards are required and should be clearly displayed or available so that traffic officers can guide guests to their designated parking area.
- Golf cart transportation will be provided only to the individual needing assistance plus one.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 338-1681.
- The seating area opens at 7:30 a.m. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that seating will be in a grassy area and in the sun; no covering will be provided. It is advised that attendees use sunscreen and, if necessary, wear a hat. Also, women may prefer not to wear high-heeled shoes.
- Undergraduate Commencement 2019 Seating Chart
Special Needs Seating for Guests
- Seating for those with special needs will be available in Sunken Garden. Please note that seating will be in the sun; guests may prefer to wear sunscreen, a hat, and/or long sleeves. Only one person from a party may sit with the person requiring special seating. If any guests have difficulty walking, it would be to their advantage to bring a wheelchair. The University does not provide wheelchairs for rental.
- There will be remote viewing areas in St. Robert’s Auditorium and Malone 112 with a live feed for those who cannot be in Sunken Garden. There is limited seating on a first-come, first-served basis.
Degree candidate seating will be determined based on the number of applicants from the various colleges and schools: Undergraduate Commencement 2019 Seating Chart
- Degree candidates will be divided by college and school.
- As you enter Sunken Garden, Commencement staff will direct you to your seat. Empty spaces are not allowed, and once in a row, you may not move to another seat.
- You should remain standing until the conclusion of the National Anthem.
Special Needs Seating for Degree Candidates
- If you have a special need that prevents you from using steps or walking the distance between your line-up area and Sunken Garden, notify Tanya Salvini, Commencement Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar (email@example.com, 310/338-1945), by Friday, April 26, 2019, to make alternate arrangements.