When will the University come to its decision about its plan for May commencement?
How did the University come to a decision about its plan for May 2020 Commencement?
- In his letter to the LMU community, President Snyder remarks, “As we continue to follow public health guidelines to ensure our community’s well-being and safety, our Catholic, Jesuit, and Marymount values and mission embolden us to discern with our community, and to reflect on the circumstances and consequences of each policy change and decision related to the COVID-19 pandemic.“
- “I thank our LMU community, particularly the Class of 2020, for your passionate engagement in our discernment process. Your input was essential in determining how commencement will be celebrated this year.”
Will there be a ceremony in May 2020?
- The University is currently exploring alternative dates for the May 2020 ceremonies. The public health guidelines will determine the best time to schedule the ceremonies. Graduates and their families will receive adequate notice of the scheduled date so they are able to plan for the event.
Will I still be a member of the class of 2020?
Will there be any celebration in May?
- The University is planning virtual celebrations in May. These celebrations will not replace the Commencement Ceremonies. Details will be shared when available.
Should I buy or rent my cap and gown now?
- It is not necessary to buy or rent your regalia now. There will be another opportunity to do so once a Commencement date has been determined.
I pre-ordered my cap and gown online through the Herff Jones website. Should I cancel my order?
- Any regalia pre-ordered from the Herff Jones website will be appropriate for the scheduled commencement ceremony. Therefore, we recommend students do not cancel the cap and gown order.
- If you choose to cancel your reserved cap and gown and would like a refund, you can do so at herffjones.com/collegereturns. Please print the refund confirmation for your records and be patient; it may take approximately 30 days for refund credits due to business closures.
I pre-ordered a diploma frame online through the Herff Jones website to pick up at the bookstore, but the store is now closed. How do I get my frame?
- Framing Success, a subsidiary of Herff Jones, will be shipping all diploma frame orders received on the Herff Jones website at no additional charge to you. You should expect to receive an email or phone call from them in the next couple of weeks to confirm your current shipping address. If you do not hear from them, please call 800-200-2044 with your order number to be assisted.
I ordered announcements online through the Herff Jones website and they have the original commencement date on them. What should I do?
- Graduation announcements are intended to be an acknowledgement of student achievement; these are not invitations to the commencement ceremony. With the new brand identity, the University rebranded the announcements and replaced the commencement date/time/location with Class of 2020. You can now share your achievement with family and friends without concern for incorrect information.
What will be my degree conferral date?
- Undergraduate diplomas will have a conferral date of May 9, 2020.
- Graduate diplomas will have a conferral date of May 10, 2020.
When will I receive my diploma?
- Upon the determination that all degree requirements have been met, diplomas will be mailed to each graduate through the month of June 2020.
Whom should I contact if I have additional questions regarding LMU Commencement?
- You may email email@example.com.