- A single course may satisfy only one Core requirement (aside from flags).
- Although the order in which Core courses are completed is flexible, students are strongly encouraged to take the remaining Foundations courses in Years 1 and 2, Explorations courses in Years 2 and 3, and Integrations courses in Years 3 and 4 (students must have completed 60 units to enroll in Integrations-level courses).
- Students should take Rhetorical Arts and First Year Seminar in different semesters of Year 1.
- Students may satisfy major requirements with Core courses when the courses are approved for both the major and Core.
- All students must complete all 13 Core attributes across the three areas: Foundations, Explorations, and Integrations (with the exception of Engineering students who are exempt from Interdisciplinary Connections)
- A student must receive a “C-“ or higher to pass a Core course (beginning Fall 2016).
For more information on Core attributes see Overview of the Core.
- Foundations courses do not carry flags (with very few exceptions). Explorations and Integrations courses (at the 2000-level and higher) can carry up to two flags.
- AP and transfer courses do not fulfill flag requirements. Transfer students must complete the required number of flags based upon the number of units transferred at initial transfer.
- Entering students must complete all six flags. Students graduating in 2018 and 2019 must complete 5 out of 6 flags with at least one writing flag. All flags must be taken at LMU.
- A student must receive a “D” or higher to complete a flagged course.
For more information on Core flags see Flagged Courses.