Do you want to learn more about student learning and teaching? Are you curious about the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)? Do you want to foster and grow SoTL at your institution?
We invite approximately 100 participants to join the 28 SoTL scholars that are being mentored by former-Carnegie Scholars and active SoTL researchers in learning and deepening our understanding of student learning, teaching, and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
IISSAM offers participating faculty, university administrators/staff, and students a broad array of opportunities to develop SoTL research skills and to learn how to promote and mentor SoTL work at their home institutions. These include:
- Pre-institute workshop designed for newcomers to SoTL.
- Workshops by mentors and other experts from an introductory to an advanced SoTL level.
- Scholars' presentations of of their projects.
- Posters of beginning and advanced SoTL projects.
- Keynote presentations.
- Panel discussion exploring successful SoTL strategies.
- Opportunities to discuss your own ideas and experiences of SoTL.
We hope you will join us, learn about interesting SoTL projects, and contribute to the development and mentoring of Scholars of Teaching and Learning!
Participants have the opportunity to submit a poster when they register. Make sure you consult the Poster Submissions page before you register for instructions if you intend to submit a poster (you are very welcome to participate w/o a poster).
All participants (whether they are mentored scholars or not) need to register to participate.