Travel with LMU to India to Study Yoga Therapy with Master Yoga Teachers
December 6-20, 2018
Travel with Dr. Lori Rubenstein Fazzio and Ms. Shanna Hughes to India in December to explore and study Yoga therapy with Indian Master Yoga therapy teachers. Every detail has been well thought out for your comfort. We will be staying at luxury 4-5 star hotels with all the western amenities for your safety and comfort. In addition to studying Yoga Therapy this journey includes visits to the French Quarter of Pondicherry in the south and the lush forest of the western Ghats near Lonavala. Trip highlights include:
- Study Yoga Therapy at the International Center for Yoga Education and Research (ICYER) and the Center for Yoga Therapy Education and Research (CYTER) at the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Center in Pondicherry
- Participate in Puja ceremonies and enjoy a cultural performance in the Rishiculture Gitananda lineage
- Explore Arunachala, the important pilgrimage site and holy mountain where Lord Siva was manifested
- Enjoy the lush scenery of Lonavala where we will study Yoga Therapy at Kaivalyadhama, the foremost yoga research center in the world
- Deepen your study of Yoga Therapy as you learn from renowned teachers of pranayama, asana, yantra, mantra and yoga philosophy
- View Kaivalyadham's ancient manuscript library
- Daily morning yoga and meditation
- In Lonavala join locals in the devotional practices of aarti to the Goddess Durga as you end the day with gratitude
- Conclude each day with satsang
- Shop for gifts for the holidays for your family, friends and of course for yourself
- Lori Rubenstein Fazzio, D.P.T., C-IAYT, is a Physical Therapist and Lecturer of Yoga Studies at Loyola Marymount University. She currently directs the Yoga Therapy clinical internship program in the LMU Center for Religion and Spirituality.
- Shanna Hughes, M.A., C-IAYT, is a certified Yoga Therapist specializing in therapeutic and clinical applications of Yoga and special-needs Yoga integration.
Trip + Itinerary
A complete outline of the travel itinerary, policies, and registration information can be downloaded in the booklet (pdf) below. Please review all the conditions of the travel before registering.
To get the most out of this journey, the faculty will hold one-hour conference calls covering the "do’s" and "don'ts" for our trip to India, keeping in mind cultural sensitivity. They will answer any questions you may have, and will share with you readings and sources to prepare you for the journey:
- Friday, October 12, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 26, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 9, 4-6 p.m.
Registration is open. Policies, deadlines, deposits and discounts are outlined on the online registration page(s) below. Again, please review all the conditions of the travel before registering.
To register by phone, please call the LMU Center for Religion and Spirituality at 310-338-2799.