Free Workshop: Being an Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Are you interested in becoming a counselor working in the field of alcohol and drug addictions? If so, this workshop is strongly recommended. This highly interactive workshop is designed to provide you with a framework of information to guide you in your pursuit of becoming a substance abuse counselor. We explore answers to questions such as:
- Will I be happy as a counselor?
- Are there regulations about being a counselor?
- I am working in the field right now; do I need to become certified?
- What does certified mean?
- What is the career path for an alcohol and drug counselor?
- What can I anticipate about job opportunities?
- What is the pay range for a counselor?
- What courses do I need to take in order to become an Alcohol and Drug Counselor?
- What are some study tips to thrive in my studies?
- Can you provide me with information about the courses offered through LMU Extension?
This event is of value to all people interested in becoming an Alcohol and Drug Counselor, to those already within the mental health professions, the teaching community, as well as to many medical professionals.
The next workshop is scheduled for:
- 2-2-18, Friday, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (sign in is at 2:15 pm) Location: University Hall, room 1775. RSVP: Click here or paste link into your browser: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-workshop-being-an-alcohol-and-drug-counselor-2-2-18-tickets-42026968795
- NEW DATE: 2-15-18, Thursday, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (sign in is at 2:15 pm) Location: University Hall, room 1859. RSVP: Click here or paste link into your browser: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/being-an-alcohol-and-drug-counselor-2-15-18-tickets-42771671220
For information send an email to email@example.com. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the dates of future workshops.
Parking and finding the workshop, located in University Hall room 1775
From Lincoln Blvd, turn onto LMU Drive. Please stop at the security booth and obtain instructions to the University Hall parking lot. Parking is underground; enter at level P2/P3 (Student Parking). Once in the underground parking lot, find elevator lobby in parking section 2C (or 3C). Parking fee meters are located on the east side of the elevators. (The meter will request you to input your car's license plate number. If there are no parking places, please use the valet service for no additional charge. Valet service is available from 9 am to 6 pm. Take the elevator up to the ground (G) level. When you exit the elevator, immediately turn right (do not go straight ahead) into a silver door marked “1762-1859.” Turn right. At the cross hallway go straight ahead. Room 1775 will be to your immediate left. Parking fees are in effect on the campus 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Information about parking on the LMU campus is available by clicking here or going to: http://admin.lmu.edu/parking/