Free Workshop: Being an Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Are you interested in becoming a counselor working in the field of alcohol and drug addictions? If so, this workshop is strongly recommended. This highly interactive workshop is designed to provide you with a framework of information to guide you in your pursuit of becoming a substance abuse counselor. We explore answers to questions such as:
- Will I be happy as a counselor?
- Are there regulations about being a counselor?
- I am working in the field right now; do I need to become certified?
- What does certified mean?
- What is the career path for an alcohol and drug counselor?
- What can I anticipate about job opportunities?
- What is the pay range for a counselor?
- What courses do I need to take in order to become an Alcohol and Drug Counselor?
- What are some study tips to thrive in my studies?
- Can you provide me with information about the courses offered through LMU Extension?
This event is of value to all people interested in becoming an Alcohol and Drug Counselor, to those already within the mental health professions, the teaching community, as well as to many medical professionals.
The next workshops will be held on the LMU Campus, in University Hall, room 1859, from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Thursday, June 13, 2019, 2:30 to 5:30 pm (June 5 event is rescheduled to Thursday, June 13)
All are welcome! To RSVP for a workshop, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your name and which workshop you are planning to attend.
To obtain more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Information about parking and locating the workshop on the LMU campus:
1. From Lincoln Blvd, turn onto LMU Drive
2. University Hall is the big building on the right, next to the security booth.
3. Enter the underground parking at level P2/P3 (Student Parking)
4. Once in the underground parking lot, find elevator lobby in parking section 2C or
3C. (Parking fee meters are located on the east side of the elevators and require
you to input your car’s license plate number.
5. Take the elevator up to the ground (G) level
6. When you exit the elevator, immediately turn right (do NOT go straight ahead)
into a silver door marked “1762-1859.” Then, turn right
7. For room 1859: At the cross hallway turn right. Room 1859 is about half way
down the long hallway and will be on the left side.
**Parking fees are in effect on the campus 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday
**Information about parking can be found at: http://admin.lmu.edu/parking/
Parking fees are in effect on the campus 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Information about parking on the LMU campus is available by clicking here or going to: http://admin.lmu.edu/parking/