NCSF Sports Nutrion Specialist
In the Sport Nutrition Specialist program, you will be exposed to a variety of content related to nutrition and its relationship with human performance. The program will prepare you for successful completion of the NCSF-Sport Nutrition Specialist (SNS) Exam and will support an existing fitness related professional credential or allied health professional license.
Details + Objective
You Will Learn
- Know nutrients and recommended intakes
- Master fuel sources for muscle and exercise metabolism
- Learn about gastric emptying, digestion, and absorption
- Understand how to manage body composition and weight
- Know how to identify eating disorders in athletes
- Learn about nutrition and immune functions in athletes
- Understand nutrition needs and training adaptations
- Learn how to calculate nutrient requirements and manage nutrient-timing to accelerate adaptations to training
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 70 course hours
How you will benefit
- Prepare to sit for the NCSF-SNS Exam and to earn the Sport Nutrition Specialist certificate
- Prepare yourself for a job as a personal trainer, strength coach, or allied health professional
- Better your understanding of nutrition and health so as to become a healthier individual and more knowledgeable industry professional
Registration + Fees
Begins: Open enrollment | Registration will open soon
Tuition: $795 | Prospective students of this program may be eligible for full or partial federal tuition assistance under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Discover the fundamentals of nutrition by learning about recommended nutrient intake.
- Understand how different bodies need different nutrition amounts and how to properly designate a meal schedule.
- Learn about fuel sources for muscle and exercise metabolism, energy, gastric emptying, digestion and absorption.
- Understand carbohydrates, fats, proteins, water requirements, and fluid balance.
- Cover suitable intake levels for vitamins and minerals.
- Complete the course by learning about nutrition and training adaptations, body composition, weight management, eating disorders, and nutrition and immune functioning.
Sport Nutrition Specialist Exam candidates must be 18 years or older and meet at least one of the following requirements to be eligible to take the exam:
- Hold a current NCSF certification, or
- A current NCCA-accredited fitness professional certification, or
- A college degree (Associate’s or higher), or
- REPs Level 3 or higher credential (individuals outside the US and Canada)
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems, IE 10 and later, FireFox, Chrome and Safari browsers and can be taken from either a Mac or a PC.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
You will receive the following text:
- Sport Nutrition