Paid parking is enforced Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Therefore if you only come to class on Saturdays, or Sundays, or weeknights after 8:00 p.m., there is no fee. For many LMU Extension students, paying for parking for each visit will be more cost effective than registering your car and purchasing a permit for a full semester, though permits are available. Car pool is also a good alternative.
Please note that the information below is a condensed version of the campus parking policies and procedures as outlined on the Office for Parking and Transportation Web site. For complete and up-to-date information, please visit this site.
Extension Student Permit Parking
LMU Extension students may purchase semester or year-long permits as commuter students. This option is if you would like to pre-pay for parking online and have parking taken care of for a large block of time. Permit fees vary and are outlined on the Parking Web site here.
Parking may be purchased at the time of parking through any Pay Stations, by mobile phone via Parkmobile, or in advance through LMU Park. Rates are $2 every 20 minutes, with a daily maximum of $10. Non-registered vehicles will be issued citations and subject to the LMU towing policy.
A visitor (or any non-permit assigned vehicle) may park in the following campus lots:
- Lot A (Hannon)
- Lot D1 (Life Sciences Building)
- Lot H (Del Rey)
- Lot I (Xavier Hall)
- Lot L (Drollinger)
- Lot M (Communication Arts Building, restricted to vehicles with valid ADA placard)
- Lots P2 and P3 of University Hall
This is similar to using a traditional parking meter, however, you will need your license plate information prior to paying. A few notes on the pay stations:
- Recommended for non-frequent visitors
- Those wishing to pay on arrival rather than beforehand
- Those who want flexible payment options including paying by cash
- Employees and students may also utilize these pay stations if they do not have a valid annual or semester permit
- Allows payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover or cash
- Allows extend-by-phone options if paying by credit card (requires a valid cell phone number; add time carefully, overpayments will not be refunded)
When using a pay station:
- Locate pay station
- Press keypad to start
- Follow prompts
- Make payment
- Take receipt (display not required)
Refunds will not be available. Please enter your license plate information carefully. Typos and errors are the responsibility of the registrant. The system will issue a virtual permit based on your license plate number. Verification of valid permits will be done using an automated License Plate Recognition system (LPR) which will scan license plate numbers of parked cars. Vehicles in violation are subject to citation. Four or more citations will result in the impounding of the vehicle at the owner's expense.