Executive Board 2021-2022

President

Cobe Alvarez

Cobe is a Junior Film, TV, and Media Studies Major with a double minor in Screenwriting and Women's & Gender Studies. He works as a campus tour guide and Independent Undergraduate Research fellow. His research specializes in Queer Storytelling in Video Games and Body Horror in Media. Outside of class, Cobe is involved with a number of organizations including Delta Kappa Alpha Professional Cinematic Arts Fraternity

VP

Catherine Ibarra Channell

Cat is a sophomore Biochemistry major sans minor at the moment. Hailing from Rolling Hills Estates, CA, she is also involved in LMU’s Gryphon Circle (a really cool service organization) and Tri-Beta (the biology honors society). Cat is currently a TA of a Gen. Chem. Lab section and an undergraduate student research assistant in the Biology Dept.. She’s very interested in houseplants, classic cars, and slowly adding to her cooking repertoire.

Secretary

Nishanth Ramasubramanian

Nishanth Ramasubramanian serves as the Secretary for SHAC E-Board. He is an international student from India, who is currently a senior Film & TV Production / Philosophy double-major with a Screenwriting minor. As an aspiring filmmaker and writer, Nishanth occupies several creatively inclined on- and off-campus positions, such as Cinematic Affairs Chair of the professional cinematic arts fraternity 'Delta Kappa Alpha.

Social Events Chair

Bettina Ernst

Bettina is a sophomore film production major with minors in art history and screenwriting. She is excited to serve as this year’s social event chair. On campus she is also a member of Delta Kappa Alpha, the pre-professional cinematic arts fraternity and the service organization Sursum Corda, a writing tutor at the Academic Resource Center, and a Rains Research Fellow. In her free time she enjoys reading, baking bread, and making Zentangle art work.

Communications Chair

Rachel Jacobs

Rocky Jacobs is a sophomore Recording Arts and Psychology double major with a Screenwriting minor from Los Altos, California. She is the Communications Chair on SHAC E-board. In addition, Rocky is the VP of Social Justice and Spirituality in Agapé Service Organization, a member of the Delta Kappa Alpha Cinematic Arts Fraternity, and a TA for lower division Recording Arts Students. Rocky's interests include acting, neuropharmacology, the Muppets, film scores and sound design, researching the standards and inaccessibility of mental health care in underserved communities, and dancing. Post graduation, Rocky plans to attend graduate school.

Junior Representative

Giana Hubbard

I am majoring in Economics and plan to attend medical school. I have been a teaching assistant as well as a research assistant in my department. I also tutor college, high school and middle school math and science. My recent research projects include examining breast cancer disparities in Los Angeles County women of color and comparing the genetic codes of SARS and CoV2 using Python. I am a member of the Academic Community of Excellence (ACE) and Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society, and I will soon be inducted into Omicron Delta Epsilon. My hobbies include working out, playing basketball and tennis, traveling with my family, drawing, listening to music, trying new restaurants, and going to Lakers and Clippers games, Disneyland, the beach, and the movies. I also love all things Star Wars and Marvel!

Sophomore Representative

Andrea Morland-Telle

Andrea Morland-Tellez (she/her) is a Sophomore Psychology major and Peace and Justice Studies minor. On campus she works at the on-campus bookstore and is an RA for a research lab. In the future, she is planning to pursue either Clinical Psychology or Social Work and hopes to work with marginalized populations. Originally from Oahu, Hawaii, Andrea loves going to the beach, surfing, and listening to a wide variety of music. 

Freshman Representative

Quinn Yates

Quinn is first-year Physics major and interested in too many minors for his own good. He is from Denver, Colorado, and absolutely loving the weather of SoCal. He is a member of the Crimson Circle Service Organization, Outdoors Club, the Residence Hall Association, and the Loyola Marymount Aeronautical Research Society. He loves learning about anything and everything and cannot wait to start doing research with the Physics faculty at LMU.

Transfer Representative

Lianlen Joy Distor

Lianlen is a Biochemistry major and Biology minor of LMU Class 2022 who enjoys learning, drawing, and watching anime and Korean drama. During her high school days, the third research paper she wrote was presented at the Tsukuba Science Edge 2017 in Japan, won the Gold Award in the 2018 Malaysia International Young Inventors Olympiad (MIYIO), and was patented by the Bureau of Patents in the Philippines in 2019. Currently, Lianlen is a part of the University Honors Program of Loyola Marymount University and is conducting research on proteins that may help slow or halt the progression of Diabetes with Dr. David Moffet.