Applications for the University Honors Program for incoming freshmen are reviewed during the regular LMU admission cycle. If you applied early action/early decision, look out for an email from Honors in November with an invitation to apply. If you apply regular decision, you will receive an invitation to apply one day after completing your application to LMU.
The application will require:
- A cover letter stating your intent and reasons for applying;
- A short essay based on a prompt;
- A few short questions to help us get to know you better;
- A recommendation from someone who can objectively evaluate your academic potential and personal character.
- Optionally, any other materials you'd like to submit (a portfolio, a video, a website, a writing sample, etc.)
Application deadlines vary by year and according to whether you apply to LMU as an Early Action/Early Decision or Regular Decision applicant. Please pay close attention to the dates in the application information.
The Honors Program admits current LMU students to the program each fall for admission in the spring. The number of students we can accept depends on available seats in the program. Transfer admits are required to meet all the same program requirements as freshman admits, including the Honors Core curriculum (though we waive HNRS 1000 and count your regular FFYS as Honors FFYS). If you are considering applying to Honors as a transfer, it is wise to hold off taking core classes that have an Honors replacement (see the Core curriculum comparison here).
The application period for current LMU students closed October 25, 2021. We will reopen the internal application window in October 2022. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.