Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Awards
Campus Deadline: August 31, 2022
National Deadline: October 2022
INTENT-TO-APPLY DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2022
The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program fully funds US citizens with college degrees to work as teaching assistants abroad in over 80 countries worldwide. You can apply as a graduating senior, graduate student, or alumnus/alumna. The ETA Programs place Fulbrighters in classrooms abroad to provide assistance to the local English teachers. ETA’s help teach the English language while serving as cultural ambassadors for the U.S. The age and academic level of the students vary by country, ranging from kindergarten to university level. Applicants for English Teaching Assistant Programs can apply to only one country. Consult the Fulbright website for details on specific country requirements and numbers of awards.
If you want to learn more about the postgraduate opportunities that the Fulbright program offers, you can learn more about the Fulbright by viewing the program tutorials (those interested in the ETA program should view the first and third videos): http://us.fulbrightonline.org/tutorials.
This page contains a number of resources that will help you develop a strong application. Please familiarize yourself with each document before starting your application.
|Apr. 28||6:00 p.m. PT||Crafting a Competitive Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Application|
|Jun. 3||3:30 p.m. PT||2023-2024 Fulbright Application Overview Webinar for LMU Applicants|
|Jun. 6||5:00 p.m. PT||Brainstorming Fulbright Essay Topics|
- Crafting a Competitive Fulbright ETA Application recording (from April 2021)
- The Fulbright Experience: Insights from an English Teaching Assistant to Malta Alumna webinar (from April 2020)
- Fulbright ETA Recommendation Request Form
- Fulbridge website (to connect with ETA alumni)
- Approaching the Fulbright Essays: ETA Applicants (2016)
- Elements of a Strong Teaching Proposal (2016)
- Guidelines for Writing Personal Statements (2016)