Campus Deadline: January 10, 2022
National Deadline: February 1
Newman Civic Fellowship Info Session
- TBD, Fall 2021
The Newman Civic Fellowship recognizes and supports community-committed students who are changemakers and public problem-solvers. Fellows are nominated by their president or chancellor on the basis of their potential for public leadership.
Through the fellowship, Campus Compact provides students with training and resources that nurture their assets and passions and help them develop strategies for social change. The yearlong program includes virtual learning opportunities and networking as part of a national network of engaged student leaders and an optional in-person convening.
The Newman Civic Fellowship includes:
- A national convening of Newman Civic Fellows (travel costs will be covered by LMU)
- Regional and state gatherings of Newman Civic Fellows
- Virtual events focused on skill development and professional learning
- Opportunities to submit conference proposals to present at Campus Compact affiliated conferences
- One-on-one leadership development with a local mentor
- Participation in a national network of engaged student leaders
In addition to these program components, Newman Civic Fellows also receive:
- National recognition through Campus Compact website and media
- Special scholarship opportunities from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute to participate in their Leadership and the American Presidency program
- Opportunity to apply for Newman’s Own Foundation Fellowship
- Open to All Majors
- Must have at least one year of undergraduate education remaining
- Identify as a change-maker or public problem-solver.
Note: LMU may only nominate one student for this fellowship. Students who submit a completed application by LMU's campus deadline will be notified of our decision no later than January 24th, 2022. Students interested in applying should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Nomination Process
- Complete LMU's campus application by January 10, 2022
For official information on the Newman Civic Fellowship, which supersedes any information provided here, please visit the Newman Civic website.