Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Awards
LMU CAMPUS DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2019 | NATIONAL DEADLINE: OCTOBER 2019
The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program fully funds US citizens with college degrees to work as teaching assistants abroad in over 80 countries worldwide. You can apply as a graduating senior, graduate student, or as an alumnus/alumna. The ETA Programs place Fulbrighters in classrooms abroad to provide assistance to the local English teachers. ETA’s help teach English language while serving as cultural ambassadors for the U.S. The age and academic level of the students varies by country, ranging from kindergarten to university level. Applicants for English Teaching Assistant Programs can apply to only one country. Consult the Fulbright website for details on specific country requirements and numbers of awards.
If you want to learn more about the postgraduate opportunities that the Fulbright program offers, you can learn more about the Fulbright by viewing the program tutorials (those interested in the ETA program should view the first and third videos): http://us.fulbrightonline.org/tutorials.
This page contains a number of resources that will help you develop a strong application. Please familiarize yourself with each document before starting your application.
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Introductory Info Session on Tuesday, February 12 at 4:30 p.m., in St. Robert's Hall, 235
- Crafting a Competitive Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Application on Wednesday, April 10 at 5:30 p.m., in the William H. Hannon Library, Von Der Ahe Family Suite (Upstairs)
- Crafting a Competitive Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Application Webinar on Tuesday, April 16 at 6:00 p.m., Online
- Webinars offered by Fulbright
- Crafting a Competitive Fulbright ETA Application slides (April 2018)
- ETA Checklist
- Approaching the Fulbright Essays: ETA Applicants
- Elements of a Strong Teaching Proposal
- How to Request Letters of Recommendation
- Guidelines for Writing Personal Statements
- Personal Statement Overview PDF
- ETA Statement of Grant Purpose Overview