Fulbright Study/Research Awards
LMU CAMPUS DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2019 | NATIONAL DEADLINE: OCTOBER 2019
The study/research awards funds independent study, research, or arts projects in approximately 140 countries.
Applicants for these awards design their own projects and will typically work with advisers at foreign universities or other institutes of higher education. Program requirements vary by country, so the applicant’s first step is to familiarize themselves with the program summary for the host country. You can apply as a graduating senior, graduate student, or as an alumnus/alumna. If you want to learn more about the postgraduate opportunities that the Fulbright program offers, you can learn more about the Fulbright by viewing the program first two tutorials (http://us.fulbrightonline.org/tutorials).
Creative and performing arts applicants are required to submit supplementary materials based on their disciplines. Here are the application components for all grant types. Click here learn more about the sub-categories of study/research grants highlighting special opportunities that are available in select countries.
Once you have consulted with ONIF, it is advisable for you to carefully review each of the attachments and links below.
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Introductory Info Session on Tuesday, February 12 at 4:30 p.m., in St. Robert's Hall, 235
- Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in the UK and Ireland on Wednesday, February 27 at 5:30 p.m., in the McIntosh Center
- Where to Begin? A Fulbright U.S. Student Program Research & Creative Arts Award Info Session on Tuesday, March 19 at 12:00 p.m., in VDA 190
- Researching Postgraduate Programs Abroad Webinar on Friday, March 22 at 3:00 p.m., Online
- Where to Begin Webinar Recording and Slides (March 2018)
- Study/Research Grant Checklist
- Approaching the Fulbright Essays: Study/Research
- The Fool-Proof Fulbright Research Proposal Template
- How to Secure a Letter of Affiliation
- How to Request Letters of Recommendation
- Guidelines for Writing Personal Statements
- Personal Statement Overview PDF
- Study Research Statement of Grant Purpose Overview