The Dr. Juan Andrade, Jr. Scholarship is awarded to students attending 4-year accredited universities or 2-year schools. The Scholarship grants $1,000 for students at 4-year schools and $500 for students at 2-year schools. Scholars also are invited to attend the National United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI) Conference.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be considered for a Dr. Juan Andrade Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited 2-year or 4-year school in the U.S. or U.S. territories
- Demonstrate a need for financial support
- Have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry
- Be able to attend the National USHLI Conference
- Not be a previous Dr. Juan Andrade Scholarship recipient
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
The application requires:
- A background personal essay
- A leadership essay
- A resume
- A recent picture of the applicant
- A copy of academic transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Optional: an essay with any other relevant information
The application is due December 31.
Stella Setka, Ph.D.
Fellowships Coordinator, National and International Scholarship Office
University Hall 1848