- Are you interested in living and working abroad for a year?
- Do you want to pursue independent research, graduate study, or teaching opportunities while engaging in enriching cross-cultural exchange?
- Do you want to make yourself a more competitive applicant for future professional and academic opportunities?
- Want a way to defer your student loans while figuring out your future?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you should consider applying for one of the Fulbright U.S. Student Program Awards.*
*Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must be US citizens and hold a bachelor’s degree at the start of the grant term; thus graduating seniors are eligible to apply. Those who have doctorates, or 5+ years of professional experience, should consider applying for a grant through the Fulbright Scholar Program. Questions about this program can be directed to LMU’s Office of Research and Sponsored Projects.
Information on Fulbright:
For basic information, Fulbright provides excellent online tutorials. Those new to Fulbright should review the first three.
Want to Learn More?
Attend an Info Session!
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. in St. Robert's Hall 235
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 5 p.m., Online
- Check out the ONIF Calendar for additional events throughout the year.
Watch a recording of the December 6, 2017, Fulbright U.S. Student Program Introductory Webinar and review the PowerPoint slides.
LMU's campus deadline for the 2020-2021 Fulbright cycle is 11:59 p.m. on August 31. Contact Cassidy Alvarado, Director of ONIF, with any questions.
Working on Your Application Documents?
Please click on the + sign next to the word "Fulbright" in the menu on the left to locate resources by Fulbright grant type (Study/Research Awards, English Teaching Assistant Awards, and general information for all applicants).
Fulbright Appointments with ONIF:
Please visit this page to schedule a one-on-one appointment with ONIF.
If you would like to receive ONIF's Prospective Fulbrighters monthly newsletter, please register here.