Please read the information below before submitting your application:
What is the Rains Additional Assistance Fund?
The Rains Research Assistant Program has a limited amount of federal work-study funding to provide Rains faculty. This Fund is designed to support faculty research and student participation in research by providing federal work-study positions to students working on faculty Rains research projects.
In order to be eligible for the Rains Additional Assistance Fund, faculty must:
- Have a current RA, or an RA they would like to hire, with available work-study funds;
- Be working on an approved Rains project
- Be able to supervise their RA's hours and biweekly MyTime submission.
Please have the following information available:
- Applicant Information;
- Title of project;
- Very brief description of student responsibilities;
- Total funding amount requested (up to $2,000). This is in addition to current approved funding;
- Total students (one or two) requested;
- Student Information (Name, Email, Student ID, Funding amount requested for student).
- Please note: It is essential that faculty have confirmed with students that they have available federal work-study funding before applying. Applications will not be accepted for students who do not have work-study currently available and funds cannot be reserved to hire a work-study student in the future.
- For faculty interested in hiring graduate students with work-study: please contact SES for additional information regarding graduate student federal work-study. Eligible students will need to request work-study from Financial Aid and have request granted before the Rains Additional Assistance application is submitted.