SURP Program Requirements
The following are requirements for participation in The Summer Undergraduate Research Program:
- Students must commit 20 hours per week to their research for the full 6 week program
- Students will meet regularly with their faculty mentors
- Students must participate in a minimum of three SURP activities (student-mentored gatherings and workshops)
- Students must participate in the SURP program assessment
- Students must apply to present their work, and present if accepted, at the Undergraduate Research Symposium, held in March 2020
- Students must submit an abstract, final reflection & final paper or presentation at the end of the 6 week program
Title and Compensation
As a SURP participant, you will hold the title of RAINS Undergraduate Research Fellow. The stipend for the 6 week program is $1,500.
It is expected that students participating in SURP will present the findings of their research project or creative activity at a public, professional event. The LMU Undergraduate Research Symposium, a discipline-based conference or exhibit, or a published paper are examples of such activity. Your public presentation should be given at some point during the academic year. If you have been a contributor to a publication, you may submit evidence that the work has been accepted for publication.
Submission of a final abstract, reflection and paper/presentation (due the last week of the program) to the Office of Undergraduate Research and to your faculty mentor is required.
Interested in the SURP Coordinator Position? CLICK HERE!