Students inform LMU of their intent to graduate by submitting an application for degree; the University does not submit applications for students. All applicants file for degree in the term in which they qualify to graduate.
Want a refresher on the graduation process at LMU?
- Undergraduate degree requirements
- Second baccalaureate degree requirements
- Graduate degree requirements
You do not have to earn your degree in the Spring term to qualify to participate in the commencement ceremonies. Please read the policy concerning Participation in Commencement Ceremony.
A student will not graduate from LMU until the degree audit shows all requirements as MET.
- If all requirements (academic and graduation) are MET, a student may expect the degree posting.
- For the NOT MET status, the degree audit will show the requirement(s) yet to be fulfilled. Students are solely responsible for ensuring that the audit shows the MET status in order to qualify for a degree. If a student finds that the audit does not reflect what the student expects to see, the student should consult with the academic advisor and/or the academic records coordinator for the student's College/School in the Office of the Registrar.
- A student must ensure that all adjustments (if any) have been documented, signed, and submitted to the Dean's Office. If the student does not see the change reflected on the audit within ten business days, the student should contact the ARC for the student's College/School in the Office of the Registrar.
- A student's application for degree will be canceled if a grade of Incomplete is submitted by the instructor of a course(s) required for the degree program.
Changes to Diploma Name after Submission
For inclusion in the Commencement program, submit an updated Application for Degree with the appropriate update option checked or email email@example.com any time prior to Monday, March 12, 2018. After that date, the new diploma name will be printed on the diploma only - PROWL: Student Services > Student Records > View Degree Information.
Remember, only legal names as found on your student record may be printed on the diploma; nicknames or unverified alternate names, e.g., a married or family name, are not accepted. To change your student name on record, submit a Change of Legal Name or SSN
Changes to Diploma Address after Submission
If you need to change your diploma address, submit an updated Application for Degree with the appropriate option checked or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the order date. You may view both the diploma address and the order date on PROWL: Student Services > Student Records > View Degree Information.
After submission of this form, you will receive an email confirming the data you entered. Please allow a minimum of 10 business days for processing and then check your Degree Status on PROWL (Student Services > Student Records > View Degree Information).