Time Period for Eligibility: After the last day to withdraw in the semester, but before the final day of classes
Complete the form below
Steps to follow:
- An Exception to University Policy petition must be submitted/scanned to the Office of the Registrar with the detailed reasons for the emergency withdrawal. With this petition, submit accompanying documentation from a licensed professional. The documentation from the licensed professional must certify that the student is unable to complete the current semester for medical or psychological reasons and requires an immediate withdrawal from ALL classes.
- Approximately 1-2 business days following the completion of Step 1, the student should contact the Student Affairs Dean’s Office for a Late Medical Withdrawal appointment with a Case Manager of the Community of Care (COC) program. Appointments are scheduled to assist in completing documentation (Release of Information Form) and answering questions you may have when withdrawing. The COC Office: Malone Student Center 301 - 310.338.3756 - Student Affairs Dean's Office.
- In consultation with the director of Student Psychological Services, Student Health Services and your Community of Care Case Manager, a recommendation will be made to the Dean of Students on the Late Medical Withdrawal. The Dean of Students will notify the Office of Registrar of the petition; the Office of Registrar makes the final determination on all Late Medical Withdrawal petitions.
Departure from Student Housing
- A student will be required to vacate student housing within 48 hours of the approval of the Withdrawal, which includes removal of all belongings. You will need to cancel your current housing assignment and any future housing assignment.
- The student must complete a License Agreement Release Request Form located under the Forms Section on their Student Housing Online Services Portal. The student must also officially check out of the residence hall by meeting with housing staff and encoding their OneCard. Failure to properly check out may result in additional charges.
- Student Housing Office: Leavey Six 101 - (310) 338-2963 - (310) 338-2390 (F) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Students granted a late medical withdrawal after the deadline are not eligible for tuition refund.