Withdrawal from LMU

I. Withdrawal
Complete the form below

A Withdrawal (WD) from the University is the permanent termination of the academic program, course of study, and the rights and privileges offered to undergraduate and graduate students. A student who wishes to return to the University must reapply to the appropriate Admissions Office. A student is responsible for outstanding financial obligations with the University; a student who used deferred payment plans to secure student loans during their attendance at the University must clear their financial obligations with the Financial Aid and Student Financial Services Offices. A student who has unpaid bills or other unsettled financial obligations with the University, and is not current with payments, will not be able to receive academic transcripts. Once all obligations have been met, a student may order transcripts.

Current students who are uncertain whether or not to withdraw from the University are strongly urged to contact their advisor and/or Academic Dean's Office. Graduate students should contact their Program Director.


  1. Drop all courses in PROWL in the current and any future terms which have registrations.
  2. Consult with the Dean’s Office, Financial Aid, Student Financial Services, and Student Housing (for residential students).
    1. Students receiving financial aid or loans must complete the Financial Aid Loan Exit Interview.
    2. Contact the Student Accounts Office to review your account and update any outstanding balances. Refunds are available based upon the University's Tuition Refund Schedule for the term.
    3. If you are a resident student, consult the Housing Office website.
  3. Other considerations: turn in library books, athletic equipment, film and television equipment, and any other items which belong to LMU.
  4. An international student must consult with the Office of International Students and Scholars to ensure that visa requirements will be satisfied.

A student may withdraw from the University on or before the last day to withdraw from the term (see Academic Calendars). A withdrawal in the current term cannot be processed if this deadline has passed. In this case, you should complete your courses and you will receive final grades in each. Your WD will be processed, after final grades have been posted, and effective in the subsequent term.

II. Application for exception to University Policy: Late Medical Withdrawal (do not use form below)

After the last day to withdraw from classes, but before the final day of classes, students may withdraw from courses for medical or psychological reasons only. Students who wish to withdrawal from classes after the deadline for medical reasons must follow the Late Medical Withdrawal procedure.

Non-medical emergency requests may be considered in cases of military deployment, natural disasters, etc. Use the Exception to University Policy to request a non-medical exception; please be concise on the form but include the pertinent facts as well as the documentation to support the request. Students granted late withdrawal after the deadline are not eligible for tuition refund.