1. Visit MyLMU.
2. Sign in using your MyLMU log-in credentials. From “System Logins” dropdown menu, click on the link for PROWL.
3. Once on the PROWL main page, navigate to “Student Services.” From here, click “New Registration Interface.” You will be directed to the registration site, which will have a selection of icons available to choose from.
4. To begin registering for courses, click the “Register for Classes” icon.
- You will be prompted to choose the term you are registering for.
5. Choose “Find Classes” and select the following information from the respective drop-downs:
- Subject (e.g., “History”)
- CRN (course number)
- Core Attribute (special details related to how it fits the core)
NOTE: You don’t have to add all of that information, but at least one is necessary to find classes fitting your individual criteria.
6. A list of courses meeting whatever criteria you selected will now appear on your screen.
- Click the course’s title to read more information about a specific course, including:
- Additional attributes
- View the “Status” column on the far right of each course’s row to read any identifying information related to course availability, including:
- If it is full or waitlisted
- It has a time conflict with another course you’re already enrolled in
7. Select the course you want to register for by clicking the “Add” button at the very end of the course’s row.
Once you have initiated the process to add a course, two new windows (panels) will appear on your screen beneath the courses list:
- Summary: shows the list of the classes you are trying to enroll in, including their current status (enrolled or waitlisted); this is also where you will go to drop a course. (bottom right of screen)
- Schedule: shows a real-time calendar view of what courses you are successfully on the wait list for or registered, depicted in multiple colors. (bottom left of screen)
8. The course will now appear in your Summary panel, listed as pending. (The word “pending” will appear in the status column, denoted with grey, diagonal lines, i.e., hash marks.) The course will also show in the Schedule panel, again denoted with diagonal lines.
9. To change the status of this course from “pending” to “registered,” click “Submit” on the Summary panel. **IMPORTANT: Your registration for the class is not complete and the class will not be officially added to your schedule unless you click the “submit” button.
- When the course has been officially added to your schedule, you will see its status box turn the color green in the Summary panel and the status update to “registered.” The Schedule panel will also show the course with a colored box (each course will have a different color).
If a course you wanted to add was full but still has availability on the waitlist, it will be denoted under the red text that says the course is full on the class listing.
- To add yourself to the waitlist: click “add” to add the course to your Summary, change the action “wait listed” and then click the “submit” button on the Summary panel at the bottom right of your page.
If for some reason you were unable to be enrolled in the course, such as due to a time conflict or ineligibility, a blue pop-up message will appear on the top right corner of your screen describing any and all error messages and a pink error message will appear on the Summary panel.
- Examples of ineligibility to register for a particular course include:
- Restrictions for certain majors or field of study
- Course level, specifically being a higher level course than you are currently able to enroll in (e.g., a 400-level course if you are a freshman)
- Pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements (such as a certain math course that much be completed before an advanced science course)
10. To search again and add other courses to your schedule, click “Search Again” button on the top right of the screen. Be sure to note the following:
- You can search for a course with multiple attributes, if desired.
- You can add a course quickly by CRN only, using the CRN tab on the basic search page.
To drop a course:
- Click on the action dropdown in the “Action” column for the particular course you want to drop in the Summary panel; a drop-down menu will appear and you can then select the “web drop” option.
- Click “submit” to make sure the drop officially goes through and is saved. This should be reflected immediately in the Schedule window on your screen.
To view, print or email your current, enrolled schedule:
- Visit the “Schedule Options” page by clicking the “Schedule and Options” tab.
- You will see side by side icons of a tiny envelope and printer in the top right.
- Click on the envelope icon to email your schedule to someone (including yourself).
- Click on the printer icon to print your current course schedule, including waitlisted courses
To change the credit hours for your course:
- Visit the “Schedule Options” page.
- Change the credit hours for any variable unit courses you are currently enrolled in by clicking on the unit value in the “Hours” column.
*Note: you can only change the credit hours for a course if it is listed as a variable unit course. Be sure to consult your Academic Advisor or Dean’s office before changing course unit values.
If you would like more details about your registration eligibility:
1. Visit the Registration main page and select the “Prepare for Registration” icon.
2. You will be directed to the “Select a Term” page. From here, select your enrollment term from the dropdown (e.g., fall 2017) and then click “continue.”
3. From here, you will be able to see your registration status, including any important registration details, earned hours and a listing of your primary curriculum on the right side of the page.