First Week of the Term (Drop/Add Period)
- A student may register, drop or add courses, take a leave of absence or withdraw from LMU on PROWL in the first week of the semester without academic or financial consequences.
- In that week, a student has until the fifth day of the term at midnight to register or make changes to a registration schedule.
- It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that the schedule on PROWL is correct by midnight on the fifth day of the term.
- Courses dropped by the deadline will receive 100% tuition refund and the transcript will not show a grade of W.
- The University does not drop courses from a student's schedule for non-attendance at any time during the semester; it is the sole responsibility of the student to ensure that the schedule is correct by the end of the first week of the term. Non-attendance in a course will not grant a retroactive withdrawal.
Second Week of the Term through Last Day to Withdraw (Withdrawal Period)
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw as printed in the Calendars - Academic. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition which does not enable a refund by course.
- Please note that for part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule through the last day to withdraw.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, the student will receive a grade a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
General questions concerning registration procedures should be addressed to the Office of the Registrar.