LMU Global Internship Program - summer 2021
As the world continues to adjust to a new normal, the need for global competency and problem solving has never been higher. LMU Study Abroad and Career and Professional Development have teamed up to connect students with virtual internships that span 12 countries and a wide variety of international companies and organizations.
What is LMU’s Global Internship Program?
This summer session program offers immersive, virtual work and learning experiences with dynamic enterprises, non-profits, and service organizations based in cities around the globe. Explore how a global internship can expand your horizons this summer - all from your in-home workstation!
- LMU’s Global Internship Program provides:
- Customized program placement and internship assignment that supports your academic and/or regional interests.
- 8 weeks of intensive work experience, cultural networking and professional development
- Career coaching and dedicated mentorship to help you succeed in your global workplace and beyond
- 1-unit of LMU credit in Summer Session I or II through CPD (tuition rates apply)
- Open to students of all majors and levels of work experience
How do I get started?
- Complete this Interest Form and be connected with a global internship advisor at LMU
- Once accepted to the program, you’ll meet with a placement advisor to discuss your academic and professional goals – no need to research HR offices or contact multiple companies
How much does it cost?
- A 1-unit course fee of $1,621 will be charged to your student account for the summer term
- You will be enrolled in a 2100 course with CPD for 1-unit in Summer Session I or II
- Included in this fee, you will receive one-on-one global internship advising, registration in the program with specific internship assignment, dedicated support, cultural on-boarding and networking, academic activities, and professional guidance and mentorship throughout your experience.
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program provides study abroad scholarships of up to $8,000 for undergraduate students who are Pell-Grant recipients. Gilman is currently seeking applicants whose in-person or virtual programs. The application deadline is Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. For more info and application support, drop by ONIF’s virtual walk-in hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: LMU's Global Internship Program fulfills the International Relations internship requirement and may count towards requirements for other majors/minors.
Our team is happy to connect with you by email, phone, or Zoom! Most students get started by completing this Interest Form. You can also participate in our Information Sessions held on Fridays @ 2:00 PM PST.
LMU at the Washington Center in D.C.: Virtual Summer Academic Internship Program
The Washington Center’s Virtual Summer Academic Internship Program combines real-world professional experience with an academic component, providing you with an ideal setting to make connections and enhance your resume. TWC will assist you in obtaining a virtual internship that closely matches your personal and professional goals.
The Virtual Summer Academic Internship Program provides:
- A project-based remote internship with one of over 400 internship sites in D.C.
- Engagement in an online academic course one night each week, chosen from a wide range of options
- Virtual professional development workshops, career exploration sessions, networking events and one-on-one advising
- LMU summer session credit through registration in two courses in PROWL
How to Get Started?
Students must complete both the LMU application and the Washington Center application no later than Monday, March 15th.
Our team is happy to connect with you by email, phone, or Zoom! Sign-up for a Program Q&A or drop into our Advisor’s office-hours on our Ways to Connect webpage here.
Other questions may be sent to email@example.com