What’s in an application? For semester applicants.
All students applying to a semester study abroad program complete the same requirements:
- List the courses you wish to take or complete a Transfer Course Review form (depending on your program)
- Your passport info
- Complete a budget worksheet for your program of choice
- Short essay questions to understand why you want to go abroad
- Request one recommendation from an LMU faculty member
- Sign a few documents related to LMU Study Abroad Policies
- Meet with your academic advisor to understand how study abroad fits into completing your degree requirements for graduation
- Meet with a study abroad program advisor to learn more about the program
Depending on the program you are applying to, there may be additional requirements such as:
- Complete a Housing Form
- Fill out a visa application
- Complete the host institution application
Upon successful completion of a study abroad application, student will be charged a $100 application fee to their LMU student account.
When reviewing applications, LMU Study Abroad looks for the following:
- Complete application with no missing elements
- GPA meets program requirement
- Thoughtful responses to Study Abroad short essay Questions
- Student is not on Academic Probation
- Student is in good standing with Student Accounts and OSCCR
- Student has completed their first year at LMU (or one semester if they are a transfer student)
If a student is accepted to a program, typically they have one week to commit to the program by paying the $500 non-refundable commitment deposit and clicking the “Commit” button in their application. Before commiting to a program, students should review the Study Abroad Withdrawal Policy in their application portal.