Created in 2013, the LMU Common Book Program is a joint initiative of the Academic Resource Center and the William H. Hannon Library. This university-wide initiative is designed to build upon the success of the First Year Book program, which ran from 1999 – 2012.
The goals of the Common Book Program are to:
- Provide a common first-year experience for LMU's first-year students
- Connect students to their faculty, instructors, and peers
- Promote learning with and from others through intra- and inter-disciplinary dialogue
- Enhance student success by emphasizing reading as an intellectual skill central to student achievement
- Set high academic expectations for incoming students