IRDS provides leadership in the development, identification, and use of surveys and survey data for evidence-based decision-making, as well as providing institution-wide, unit-level, and individual-level support to enhance institutional and educational effectiveness. Specifically, IRDS provides leadership in the following areas:
- The development and execution of policies and procedures concerning the administration of surveys to members of the campus community
- The University’s participation in national surveys and subsequent research studies
- The provision of educational resources and workshops related to survey development.
- The administration of the University's course evaluation system
- The development of valid and innovative methods for evaluating teaching effectiveness